Which IELTS writing GENRE (i.e. letter, report or essay) are the following SUB-SKILLS of?
1) remembering to actually answer the PROMPTS in the task and not just ‘write around’ them (i.e. writing about things related to the bullet points but not really answering/incorporating them explicitly)
2) recognizing the COMMUNICATIVE PURPOSE required by the task, such as
• asking for and/or providing general factual information
• expressing opinions or complaints
• making requests or
• making suggestions/recommendations
3) only referencing things, ideas, etc. that have ALREADY BEEN ESTABLISHED to avoid confusing the reader (–coherence, aka ‘anaphoric referencing’).
Hi. I’m Fatime. I’m an IELTS Teacher Trainer, helping CELTA-qualified English language teachers become better at teaching SKILLS, as opposed to just testing them.
Check out my courses here:
How to Teach IELTS Listening:
How to Teach IELTS Reading:
How to Teach IELTS Writing:
How to Teach IELTS Speaking: