Here’re some things to encourage your IELTS students to check for in their reports.
1) Did I respect the overall minimum WORD COUNT (150 words)?
2) Did I INTERPRET the visuals correctly?
3) Does my writing look PROPORTIONATE?
4) Does it have visibly SEPARATE PARAGRAPHS?
5) Is there a clear introduction of the topic using SYNONYMS of the words in the original task (to avoid phrase lifting)?
6) Do all the paragraphs describe KEY FEATURES of the data presented?
What ELSE would you add to the list?
Hi. I’m Fatime. I’m an IELTS Teacher Trainer, helping CELTA-qualified English language teachers become better at teaching SKILLS, as opposed to just testing them.
Check out my courses here:
How to Teach IELTS Listening:
How to Teach IELTS Reading:
How to Teach IELTS Writing:
How to Teach IELTS Speaking: