Part 3 is a conversation between up to four people set in an educational context, for example between a university tutor and a student or students, discussing an assignment.
So, which of the following topics and speakers do you think candidates might hear in a Part 3 task?
1) a girl talking to her doctor about some symptoms
2) two students talking about a change of tutors in a subject they are both taking
3) a university student talking to a realtor about a property he is planning to rent
4) a professor and her students discussing a rural project in a South American village
5) three psychology students talking about a major recent trend in their field
6) a professor giving a lecture on a unique species living at the bottom of the ocean
7) a friend giving advice to her girlfriend about meditation
8) a woman giving a talk about the company that she works for
9) two architecture students disagreeing about a building method
10) a university dean talking about the new academic mentoring system set up
(Answer key: 2, 4, 5, 9)
Hi. I’m Fatime. I’m an IELTS Teacher Trainer, helping CELTA-qualified English language teachers become better at teaching SKILLS, as opposed to just testing them.
Check out my courses here:
How to Teach IELTS Listening:
How to Teach IELTS Reading:
How to Teach IELTS Writing:
How to Teach IELTS Speaking: