We had a chat about the importance of TEACHING IELTS (as opposed to just TESTING it) with Mohammad Nabil today.
Among many other points I mentioned that if we TEST (‘and scold’) our students instead of TEACHING, i.e.
• choosing concrete ‘micro’ processes that proficient users of the language use
• breaking them down into actionable steps
• taking the learner through these steps
• raising their awareness of what they have done so that they can then
• consciously repeat it too,
we’ll likely not only DEMORALIZE them, but cause FOSSILIZATION of all kinds of bad habits. 🙁
If you want to learn how to TEACH your students just the SUB-SKILLS they need to get the band score they’re after, watch this space, because something is coming! (Ho-ho-ho) 😀 😉
#showmehow #skillsfirst #IELTSTeacherTrainer #TeachingIELTSafterCELTA
Hi. I’m Fatime. I’m an IELTS Teacher Trainer, helping CELTA-qualified English language teachers become better at teaching SKILLS, as opposed to just testing them.